.....

I Cried Because I Trusted

Friday, December 06, 2013 § 0

When I learned the truth, when that person told me about it, I wasn't sure if she spoke the truth. All through my life, I was brought up not to trust this person because she was cunning. She was a fox. But everything she said matched all the circumstances, and there was no other choice but to believe.

I'm not going to write about that person though. This is about trust, and an amazing person-- one of my best friends, in fact.

You know what they say about trust? Rarely trust completely. And when you do and when it is appreciated? When you tell one of your best friends about skeletons in your closet because it's just tearing you up and you are not sure whom to entrust the truth or burden it with because it's a dog-eat-dog world and there are things you don't let other people know lest they might use it against you and next thing you know your life is over, and I don't mean to sound so pessimistic but in order to survive we should always be realistic and adhere to society even though society sucks and pundits suck even more. It is wrong to say 'never trust' but it is realistic to say 'rarely trust completely'.

Tricky little bugger, that thing they call trust.

Trust comes with faith. Faith leaves no space for doubt.

They say 'rarely trust completely'. This is one of the rarest moments because I chose to trust and believe that  I made the right decision. But I didn't know how my friend would react. I have a lot of fears and insecurities, and I needed to be realistic. My friend could do a lot of things, react differently, but what scared me most was that she might abhor me once she learns the truth.

When I learned the truth, I didn't know how to react so I had to put up a facade and act all nonchalant, but deep inside I was crumbling to pieces.

And whenever,  I chose to trust, I waited for the stones to be cast. But there was nothing-- neither stones nor rocks. Because when I chose her, I chose well. And that was all  I needed to pick up where I left off, and she helped me put myself back together in one piece.. I was scared and with a few words, I was reassured. Nothing beats that.

Thank you. :)

What's this?

You are currently reading I Cried Because I Trusted at solipsistic drivelings..

meta