I’m still quite sick.. my voice gets worser and worser, which isn’t really handy because i really need my voice in my line of job. 

The doc said I should rest my voice for at least a week.



As much as I want to, I can’t not keep on talking, I have to. Because my job demands me to. I still got lots to do– call my clients, talk to them, remind them of their lacking docs, offer advice and support to those who tried and failed again to pass their IELTS exam.

So I was warned to rest my voice and to religiously take my meds, the latter I can but the former? Its like I was being asked to stop breathing too!

Talking is my life.. I live to talk. But not in a sense that I can be considered a total blab. We humans live to talk. It’s just the frequently used method of communicating. I mean, we were endowed by the Creator with the freedom of speech. That’s why it really sucks to be born a mime.

We are all social animals. Actions may speak louder than words–  hugs, starry-eyed stares, kisses– but somehow, words makes the actions more real. When someone tells me ‘I love you’, ‘I care for you’, ‘I need you’, ‘I’m always here for you’.. oh the feeling is like fireworks.

Mere gestures don't offer the same enthusiasm we feel than when we hear the words out loud.

Saying ‘No man is an island’ is a cliché but its just the most honest, prideless famous statement ever uttered. :)

We all need at least one human to talk to. And at least one functional voice box. :))


I DON'T WANT TO END UP LIKE THIS :(

picture of a case of removed larynx (voice box).
laryngectomy is the surgical removal of the larynx.